What to Bring to Every Appointment
- Insurance cards
- Proof of income (if applying for our sliding fee benefit)
- Sliding fee benefit application
- Current medications and supplements
- List of questions for your doctor
- Cash, check, credit or debit cards to pay for co-pays or nominal fees. (There is a 2.5% convenience fee for credit or debit card use with a $2 minimum.)
- For some grant-funded services, donations may be requested at the time of service to help offset the cost of care.
- Please arrive early to have time to complete any paperwork
Appointment Cancelation Policy
In order to keep costs down, we have to use our time as efficiently as possible. When you cancel an appointment at the last minute we are not always able to schedule another patient for that time. This means our providers spend time waiting for the next appointment instead of using their knowledge to help someone with their health care needs.
That is why we ask that you let us know if you cannot make your appointment as soon as possible. We prefer at least 24 hours’ notice. (see Missed Appointment Policy)
Is Your Family’s Care Affordable?
We accept Medicare, Medicaid and most insurance plans. We also offer a sliding fee benefit. This allows eligible individuals and families to receive services for a fee that is based on household size and income.
We can provide information on insurance and other assistance options available for you and your family. This can include help with signing up for Marketplace Insurance (also known as Affordable Care Act or “Obamacare” insurance) and Medicaid.
sliding fee benefit examples
Please note that income levels can change from year to year. Contact us if you have any questions about the sliding fee program.
No one is refused service because of lack of income or inability to pay.
NextGen Patient Portal
Fast reliable communication
and only a click away
Wood County Community Health Center is thrilled to offer you the Patient Portal!
The Patient Portal is a convenient, secure, online tool available 24/7 that will help you:
- Correspond with our practice online via our secure portal
- View, download, or share your personal health records, including medication and immunization information
- Review your latest test results
- Obtain educational information
- Get appointment reminders
- Maintain account data including username, password and access privileges
- Listen to you
- Provide ethical and appropriate health care
- Work to understand how your culture, family, social networks and economic situations affect you and your health.
- Inform you of all available services that you may need
- Be a source of information to help you make choices about your health
- Respond to your questions and complaints promptly
- Maintain the confidentiality of your health information
- Provide you access to your medical chart through a patient portal
- Refer you to reputable specialists when needed